We're happy to draw attention to a new organisation which has been set up at the University of Huddersfield: The Ted Hughes Network.
The Ted Hughes Network will be based in the English and Creative Writing subject area in the School of Music, Humanities & Media. Its Director is Steve Ely (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr James Underwood is the Network’s Research Fellow.
The Ted Hughes Network intends to develop new approaches that will enhance Hughes studies, develop Hughes’s public profile and create more opportunities for academic and non-academic audiences to engage with Hughes’s work. With that in mind the Ted Hughes Network will:
• Develop teaching and research related to Hughes’s work at the University of Huddersfield
• Host an annual Ted Hughes-based symposium at the University
• Sponsor an annual Ted Hughes lecture at the University
• Sponsor an annual International Visiting Fellowship at the University
• Develop and digitise archival materials
• Develop a range of public and outreach events arising from academic work — lectures, readings, performances, the development of a ‘Ted Hughes Trail’ and links with community groups and schools.